ANGEL CARE EMPHASISES:
- Empowering an individual
- Knowing which questions to ask the doctor or professional provider
- Locating cosmetic and life style resources
- Obtaining pertinent medical information
- Knowing how to recognize a helpful support group
- Networking about surgery and treatment options
- Recovering emotionally during treatment
"My experience during treatment for breast cancer was a challenge because my emotions went in all directions. Recognizing the need for emotional services after a breast cancer diagnosis, I like helping others have a smooth journey to wellness. Volunteering is a very rewarding experience. I know I can make a difference."
Lorna K. Angel Care Volunteer
Angel Care is an approved United Way agency and collaborates with providers and health centers for information and referrals. Family, friends, providers and the patient can make a referral to Angel Care. Angel Care is founded on research that shows positive emotional support is essential for a healthy recovery from breast cancer. Donations are always appreciated.
ANGEL CARE OFFERS FREE EMOTIONAL SUPPORT TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN WITH BREAST CANCER.
FOR ASSISTANCE PLEASE CALL (206) 417-3484. E-MAIL: ANGELCARE@ANGELCAREFOUNDATION.ORG