- The newly diagnosed can talk with our network of breast cancer survivors.
- Volunteers can accompany you to early chemotherapy or radiation appointments.
- On request, we can attend doctor appointments with you.
- Some suggested questions to ask your doctor
- We offer hope, encouragement, and a listening ear as you weigh your options.
- Angel Care urges you to attend a breast cancer support group
- It suggests positive and informative reading material that will aid you in enhancing your health through:
- a healthy immune system
- a positive attitude
- We emphasize the importance of a healthy mind in dealing with
cancerthe link of mind and body for enhancing the
immune system, giving one a fighting spirit and can-do
- Tips are provided on the care of the skin while going through
- Information is shared on where and how to obtain wigs, hats, bras, and
prosthesis and about agencies
that provide them free of charge.
- Medication concerns are addressed and information is provided by those who have experience with tamoxifen, chemotherapy, radiation, and ideas for coping with side effects are shared.
- You can be introduced to individuals who have experienced
stem cell procedures or reconstructive
- We help you recover emotionally during treatments.
© 2000-2006 Angel Care - Breast Cancer Foundation